We are looking for another excellent member to join our Engineering Team.
Main work tasks:
- Become familiar with the vessel's capability and ensure engineering documentation and drawings appropriate to the vessel systems are maintained on board to reflect the current status of the vessel
- Identify problem areas on aspects of the systems for improvement to increase the efficiency of the installation processes
- Ensure a comprehensive logbook during the project work is maintained to assist handover between shifts, handover between replacements and in compilation of as-built books
- Identifying improvements to the engineering process
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice
- Provide technical interface between the Project, Construction and Marine personnel on the vessel
- Give direct operational guidance to deck, equipment, ROV and services personnel
- Recommend new work methods to improve safety and/or efficiency.
- Provide operational input to onshore project teams throughout the onshore phase of tenders and projects
- Participate in review of offshore procedures and feedback to project engineers onshore
- Inspection of construction equipment and reporting potential problems to the appropriate discipline leads
- Other tasks as assigned by OM, commensurate with individuals experience, skills and capabilities
- To ensure codes, standards and standard operating procedures are applied and adhered to;
- Prepare vessels and equipment for offshore operations and ensure readiness;
- Prepare and participate in project risk assessments and ensure all risks are closed out/managed prior to execution when available
- Support continuous improvement and lessons learned;
- Maintain good communication between engineers and offshore managers/personnel;
- Promote the company’s organizational culture, values and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies;
- Promote the development of a HSEQ culture and system that minimizes the risk of injury to personnel, the environment and equipment;
- BSc, BEng or higher in Marine, Naval Architecture, Hydrodynamics or Offshore Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience, fluent in English (both written and verbal);
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages - Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project
- Confident, self motivated and self disciplined person with sound management and organisational skills;
- Must be able to perform and achieve at a high level with minimal supervision;
- Good technical skills;
- Good communication and interaction skills;
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the employees;
- A sound understanding an working knowledege of statutory requirements, HSE regulations and Standards related to the Offshore Engineering industry
- Competitive terms
- Comprehensive insurance and pension package
- Modern facilities
- A developing work environment
- Opportunity to work with highly competent international team
Application due date: 08.06.2021
Contact: Frode Eidheim, Regional Engineering Manager, Tel:+47 913 28 769
Who we are
DOF Subsea provides integrated project managed and engineered subsea solutions to the offshore oil and gas industry. Our core business is the execution of complex subsea operations, to depths of 3000 meters, using owned and operated world-class purpose built vessels.
We offer expertise, modern, high-specification assets and quality services. Our fleet stands at 27 vessels, has an average age of 6.5 years and is supported by 71 ROVs.
Head quartered in Bergen, Norway, we are located globally in the North Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, Asia and West Africa to allow us to respond to the strategic needs of our clients. To do this, provide facilities equipment and expertise assessible and committed to local markets.